Mark Kazewych, MD
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Over 20 years of Experience
Practices in the Arlington and Mansfield locations
Originally from Union Lake, Michigan; Dr. Mark Kazewych specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He graduated from Kettering University (GMI Engineering and Management Institute) in 1990 but later decided to pursue a career in medicine and attended Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine. Dr. Kazewych graduated Medical School in 1995 and Residency at Henry Ford Health Systems.
Dr. Kazewych specializes in orthopedic surgery including advanced arthroscopy of the shoulder, knee, and hip as well as joint preservation surgery. He has had over 20 years of experience and he has been recognized by Americas Top Orthopedic Surgeons as well as Good Morning Texas. In 2018 he became the Official Team Physician of the University of Texas at Arlington Athletics.
Dr Kazewych has used his engineering background to assist in design and manufacturing of orthopedic implants. He is currently active as an FDA researcher for the national research study of Cartiheal, a cutting-edge new technology to restore damaged cartilage. He has special interest in preserving joints through the use of MACI, osteotomies (limb realignment) cadaveric joint replacement. When indicated, Dr Kazewych also performs traditional shoulder, knee and hip replacements.
Dr. Kazewych admits that quitting engineering was one of his biggest challenges, but he doesn’t regret his decision. Outside of his busy work schedule he makes time to watch and coach his sons in hockey.
Education & Training
Henry Ford Health System Detroit, MI.
Intern & Orthopedic Surgery Residency
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH.
Doctor of Medicine
GMI Engineering & Management Institute Flint, MI (now Kettering Institute) Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science. Subspecialty: Polymer Science 1990 Graduate; Pi Tau Sigma – Engineering Honor Society
Albion College, Albion, MI
- Attending Orthopaedics Surgeon Baylor Irving Medical Center 1901 N. MacArthur Blvd. Irving, TX 75061 2003-present
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas TX (courtesy)
- MacArthur Surgery Center, Irving, TX
- Baylor Coppell Surgical Hospital
- Baylor Medical Center, Irving, TX
State of Texas L5404 Medical License
ABOS General Orthopedics 2012-2022; 2002 -2012
- Orthopaedics Attending Surgeon Mercy Hospital. Cadillac, MI 49601 9/1/00-12/31/02
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI: Associate Team Physician (volunteer) Men’s Hockey 01,02
- Residency: Henry Ford Health Systems, Detroit, MI: Orthopaedics 1995-2000
- General Motors Corporation Inland Fisher Guide Division. Warren, MI Project Engineer 1990-91
- Magna International – formerly Douglas & Lomason Company Farmington Hills, MI: Urethane Engineering, Quality Assurance, Plant Engineering, General Production. 1986-90
- Fellow – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2012-2022; 2002-2012)
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- FDA Clinical Research 2018 – Present
- ICJR – Internatiknal Cartilage & Joint Restoration member
- Team Physician- UTA Div 1 sports.
- Team Physician NAHL – Lonestar Brahmas
Available upon request
- None: monetary, goods or services
- MACI Procedure
- HTO – High Tibial Osteotomy
- DFO – Distal femoral Osteotomy
- TTO – Tibial tubercle Osteotomy
- SCR – Superior capsular reconstruction
- Stem Cell Injections