Frank Rodriguez, MD
Specializes in Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement
Over 30 years of Experience
Practices in the Arlington and Mansfield locations
Originally from Pueblo, Colorado; Dr. Frank J. Rodriguez Jr. specializes in Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement at AOA Orthopedic Specialists.
Upon his graduation from New Mexico State University in 1984, Dr. Rodriguez attended Medical School at the University of Texas Heath Science Center at San Antonio until 1988, and then went back for his Fellowship until 1994.
Aside from his established medical history, Dr. Rodriguez was also drafted to the San Antonio Spurs during the 1984 NBA Draft.
To this day, Dr. Rodriguez maintains his healthy lifestyle by going on daily runs, swimming, or biking through his neighborhood. When asked what his perfect day would be, Dr. Rodriguez expressed his idea of the perfect day would be “watching the sunrise on a beach with nowhere to go and having all day to get there.”
Education & Training
New Mexico State University (Las Cruses, New Mexico)
B.A. in Psychology & B.S. in Biology
Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (San Antonio, Texas)
Internship: Bexar County Hospital District (San Antonio, Texas)
Residency: Bexar County Hospital District and University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio (San Antonio, Texas)
Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio (San Antonio, Texas)
- Huguley Medical Associates (8/1/94-2/28/97)
- Cleburne Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Center (3/1/97-8/31/99)
- AOA Orthopedic Specialists (9/1/99- present)
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington – Active Privileges
- USMD Hospital at Arlington – Active Privileges
- Medical Societies – Tarrant County Medical Society, Johnson County Medical Society (1994-2005), Bexar County Medical Society (1984-1994), Alamo Orthopaedic Society
- Current Associations – Texas Medical Association, American Medical Association, Texas Orthopaedic Association, South Medical Association, Texas Medical Foundation, American Academy Orthopaedic Surgeons